St. David’s Foundation is pleased to announce the availability of funds to aid low-income and underserved women in Central Texas in receiving timely and effective postpartum support services. The postnatal period represents a vital window to help women and babies reap health benefits that can pay dividends for years to come. Through this opportunity, the Foundation is interested in improving postpartum access and outcomes for underserved women during the “fourth trimester,” the year following delivery.
This request for proposals (RFP) marks the Foundation’s first major investment in its new women’s health focus area. The women’s health funding strategy has three pillars:
- Promoting access to comprehensive, community-based women’s preventive services
- Reducing preterm birth disparities
- Improving postpartum access and outcomes that promote the health of women or that have a two-generation maternal and child health benefit. This pillar is the focus of this RFP.
ELIGIBILITY AND REVIEW PROCESS
This request for proposals is open to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and public entities serving Central Texas. The Foundation plans to award up to 15 individual awards of various amounts up to $300,000 over an 18-month funding period. The funding is available for projects, initiatives, programs, and translational research of defined scope and is not intended for ongoing operations.
Grants will be reviewed on a competitive basis by a panel composed of Foundation staff and external women’s health subject matter experts. Successful proposals will demonstrate:
- Responsiveness to the objectives and priority populations of this RFP
- Strong strategy with a compelling, data-informed rationale for the proposed approach
- A clear picture about what will be accomplished during the grant period
- How underserved women will tangibly inform and benefit from the work
- Potential for scale and sustainability of impact
- Organizational capacity for success
This RFP intentionally casts a wide net. As a new women’s health funder, St. David’s Foundation is open to hearing from experts and leaders in the community with proposals for ways to achieve the funding objectives described within. By funding a range of projects designed to more effectively increase access and improve outcomes for underserved mothers and babies, the Foundation will learn the landscape and refine its subsequent funding approach.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE RFP
Please read the full RFP before starting an application. Questions regarding this RFP may be directed to Elizabeth Krause, senior program officer (email@example.com).
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
If this is your first time applying for St. David’s Foundation funding, you must create an account to start the application. Organizations that have previously applied must login.
Proposals must be submitted online by 5 p.m. Central Time on October 13, 2017. Late proposals will not be accepted. Contact Rebecca LeBlanc, grants coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org), if technical challenges with the online application arise.